Global Studies Institute
GSI-Adjunct Faculty- Qatar – Part Time
Global Studies Institute (GSI), A University partner with Arkansas State University and the State University of New York-Adirondack in Qatar, is looking to hire part-time adjunct faculty for Fall 2023 for the following majors:
• Graphic Design
• Computer Science
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Engage with U.S.-based faculty in a collaborative teaching model to support students in Qatar.
2. Assist students in achieving the completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
3. Provide regular and timely feedback to students through weekly office hours.
4. Participate in school retention initiatives by maintaining productive contact with students and by getting in touch with and offering assistance to absent students.
5. Motivate students to participate in all aspects of the educational process actively.
6. Maintain university standards regarding course activity and communication with US based Instructor.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Credentials, and Competencies
– Candidates must hold a minimum of a master’s degree in the required major or a related field, or a master’s degree with 18+ hours of graduate coursework in the same major or a related field. A PhD degree is highly preferred.
-Candidate must be residing in Qatar with a valid Residency Permit.
– All degrees must be from an institution accredited by the State of Qatar.
– Familiarity with and use of collaborative learning techniques and student-centered methods of instruction.
– Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with US-based instructors and with students with a wide range of skills. – Possess excellent interpersonal, customer service, and problem-solving skills.
– Ability to work well with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
– Demonstrated strength or potential in teaching at the college level.
Interested candidates may apply via link below. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.